Carolyn Bushong is available in office, by phone and through email to meet your councling needs.
OFFICE COUNSELING (NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE)
In-office counseling is available in Denver, CO in June through Sept only. I am a snowbird and live in Tucson, AZ in the winter and am able to see clients in person in Tucson from Oct through May. Phone counseling is always available however.
Phone Counseling is available year-round. When you use phone counseling, you don’t have to leave the office or the comfort of your own home. Phone counseling is set up the same as if you were coming into my office, except that you call me instead. Note that you pay the phone charges during the actual appointment. Skype can be made available.
I will answer email questions for a fee of $40 if the email is no more than 100 words in length (if longer I will charge you more). Response time will vary depending on my availability – anywhere from one to five days. You must pay by credit card (Visa, MC, or Amex) on this website in advance in order to receive a reply. Click here to purchase Counseling by email.
My rates are $180/hr, or $90/1/2hr. However, I have some Special Deals below for one hour (or more) sessions that do require a contract promising to complete that number of sessions. Also, I do not give free first sessions.
4 sessions at $160 per hour = $640 (savings of $80),
which must be completed within 5 weeks (1½ months) of the date of the contract. *(Allows for 1 cancellation)
8 sessions at $140 per hour = $1,120 (savings of $320),
which must be completed within 10 weeks (2¾ months) of the date of the contract. *(Allows for 2 cancellations)
12 sessions at $120 per hour = $1,440 (savings of $720),
which must be completed within 15 weeks (4¼ months) of the date of the contract. *(Allows for 3 cancellations)
18 sessions at $110 per hour = $1,980 (savings of $1,260),
which must be completed within 22 weeks (5½ months) of the date of the contract. *(Allows for 4 cancellations)
* This agreement does not apply to ½ hour sessions.
Policies & Procedures
- Scheduling: Counseling with clients is by appointment only whether in person or by phone.
- Cancellations: All clients will be charged for appointments not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Office Hours: Office hours are noon to 6pm, Tues, Wed, & Thurs.
- How long: Most clients schedule for an hour (50 minutes), but you can schedule for a half hour as well, and couples usually need 1½ hours. Most schedule weekly, but you can choose how often you schedule, including “when needed” (unless you sign up for a Special Deal (as mentioned above).
- Payment: A credit card is required (Visa, MC, Amex) to schedule and the card will be charged for the amount of the session on the day of your appointment.
- Location: Cherry Creek area in Denver and Northwest area in Tucson
Health Insurance Coverage
Your health insurance may reimburse you a portion of my fees. I do not take direct payment from the insurance company, as I am not a member of the insurance groups. If your insurance is an HMO, it will not cover my services at all. If your insurance is a PPO, I will file the insurance for you and then you will be reimbursed by them. They often cover a fourth or half of my fee once the deductible has been met. I’ll be glad to check your insurance in advance.
It can be difficult to find the right therapist for you. It’s of course hard to find someone with experience and who won’t be judgmental of your situation.
Carolyn Bushong has successfully handled thousands of clients. She’s helped singles find the mate of their dreams. Others have turned their dysfunctional relationships into healthy ones. Some put their marriages back together. Others came in to decide whether to stay, and ended up leaving their marriages. Almost all clients became successful in resolving their conflicts and problems, and went on to have happier, healthier lives.